Friday, April 13, 2012

long time no see....

Life, ain't it crazy how sometimes you can't keep up with it? Sorry I went MIA on ya. Not sure if you've even noticed I was gone. ;) I'm back albeit briefly. Goings on since we last sat down for a cup of tea:

I finally got my hands on a tiller and started the arduous process of turning the soil in my back yard. Apparently you have to either plow it first or be the Hulk to get it right. The tiller has a mind of it's own and likes to carry on like a fool. You have to wrangle it like a 2 year old in the grocery store. Going to get back on the proverbial horse this weekend and hopefully finish it. Also plan to mulch as much as possible. Saw this cute fire pit at the hardware store. Can't wait to be sitting out back listening to the crackle of the fire. :)

Decided to redo some of the tile in my bathroom. Bought the tile and even removed the old ones. That's about where the project has ended. Got too excited (yeah right) about tilling that I figured I'd pick up on the bathroom after I could raise my arms back up.

Found some interesting information regarding my family tree, looks like maybe my last name has been spelled wrong all these years. My best friend calls me a blood hound because I have to get to the bottom of something. I find genealogy fun and interesting. Hopefully I not only find out about my last name but also find some family along the way!

Struggling with my 13 year old daughter. She is a beautiful, funny and smart almost mirror image of me. She has my good habits as well as my bad ones. It's the bad ones that I can't seem to get a grip on. We are taking it one day at a time and I'm going to love her like there's no tomorrow. (Pray for me!)

So what have all of you beauties been up to?
 <3 Melanie

PS. I promise to get better about staying in touch!


Linking up with the nail files:

The Nail Files

China Glaze First Mate, Platinum and Nova.










5 comments:

  1. Your nails look awesome! I love the color combinations!

    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What up blood hound?! ;) Love the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your nails look so great! love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete