Monday, February 6, 2012

weekend replay

Had a busy but good weekend. Learned to never, ever under any circumstances go to Walmart the day before the super bowl. I was in there trying to buy things I actually needed (shame on me!) while everyone and their brother was stocking up on the essentials, from what it looked like, beer and corn dogs. I picked up some yummy stuff to make caprese salad. I get in these moods where I want nothing but Italian food. I roasted some garlic and smeared that on Ciabatta bread while the caprese was marinating.
Mangia!
A little retail therapy is always good. I bought myself a new charm for my bracelet. Especially for Valentine's Day. I'm recently single so that day will be bittersweet. Need to spoil myself accordingly. *wink wink* The charms aren't too pricey, but it's going to be a once in a while thing. The bracelet and several of the charms were a gift from Kay Jewelers.
Devil Heart
Love relaxing, quiet evenings at home with my snuggle buddy. He loves to just get as close as he can and curl up. We spend a lot of time together watching movies and cuddling. I adopted him November of 2010 from the local SPCA. He was only 4 months old and not in good health. He had a rash over most of his little body, it caused him to itch and lose most of his hair in big patches. He was tested/treated for everything from mange to a bacterial infection. Finally when we started noticing that our cat was getting this rash too!, as well as my daughter seemed to have some spots on her!, were we able to determine what it was. Thank goodness, as I was beginning to question my decision of trying to help this poor dog.  It turned out to be ringworm. After some more pills and isolation, I'm happy to say he is 100% better. I'm so glad I stuck it out, he is the most loving and sweet dog. My little Peek A Poo!

Hassadiddy
Of course I did my nails again Sunday evening. I wanted to do something different but was exhausted so I just painted them quick and added a couple flowers. The picture makes the color look more pink then the polish really is. It's a bit darker, more of a mauve. It's by Sinful Colors. What's your go to shade?

Over Easy

Hope your week is starting out good! Oh yeah and YAY GIANTS! :)
<3 Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment