Friday, February 3, 2012

not feeling sorry for myself

Saw this quote on Pinterest: "You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow. You choose."  It is so motivational to me. I repeated it like a mantra several times yesterday as I used the elliptical. At first I'm all gung ho and full of myself. Half way through I'm calling the elliptical evil and convincing myself that it's trying to kill me. By the end, the adrenaline has kicked in and I don't want to get off of the thing. Crazy how that works. I'm sore today BUT I feel great.

I also said that quote to myself last nite. When everyone is asleep and the house is quiet, I scavenge like some sort of animal going into hibernation. A handful of this, a bite of that. I'm not even hungry! Just some need to fill a void that is like a black hole. It cannot be filled with food. Yet, I'm giving it the ol' college try. The quote helped me more then I had imagined. I did eat, but stayed within my calories for the day.


I no longer choose to feel sorry for myself. I want to feel sore because that means I'm living. I'm doing something. I don't want life to pass me by, I want to move with it....

 <3 Melanie

2 comments:

  1. That is great motivation! I'm so proud of you for finding your motivation again! Keep it going :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt that way a month ago. I kept falling off of the wagon and getting back on to just fall off again. Thankfully I have sustained my eating for about three weeks now. It really helps to have a few close friends to talk to so that I keep myself in line!

    Good luck with your exercise! It is so hard in the beginning, but hopefully we can transform our lifestyles. I would really hate to lose the chance that life has given me to enjoy while I can!

    ReplyDelete