Saturday, January 21, 2012

i tend to wine a lot

Well, not really. Maybe a little! :) My best friend Crystal and I went to our first wine tasting on Wednesday night. It was at a local italian place with a food pairing.  The food was phenomenal!! Would definitely go there again. The wine was also from a local vineyard. I had been wanting to try Barren Ridge wine for a while but I'm fearful of buying a whole bottle of something without tasting it. My favorite wines are sweet dessert wines like Moscato. Crystal's favorite was the Red Barren, paired with the salad. The salad was mesclun greens with toasted walnuts, apple and bleu cheese, with a raspberry vinaigrette. My favorite was the Christof, of course! It was a very sweet dessert wine, paired with vanilla gelato and peaches. YUMMY!

I had an awesome night full of great food and lots of laughs. Something I'd definitely do again!

Clink!

 Viva Bene, Spesso L'Amore, Di Risata Molto!
<3 Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment